The Parker Family

The Parker Family

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Joseph

Here is part of an email from Mike:

Joseph is an incredible servant.  I think he is really excited to come home.  Just today – Joseph has: 
1.        Made his bed
2.       Made my bed
3.       Finished making Jonah’s bed
4.       Cleaned all of the dirty socks … by hand.. with soap in our sink.
5.       Perfectly folded every piece of clothing that we brought & packed the suitcase w/Jonah
6.       Is now helping me pack

It is so amazing to watch!  Such a selfless servant!

Wow!  I hope his skills rub off on the other kids!  Joseph is such a hard worker by nature.  Gabe has told us he truly enjoys helping people.  He also has a big sense of humor!
We did not have any of this info when we moved forward in faith to adopt him.  We are so thankful for the gift the Lord is giving us.  

2 comments:

  1. Part of the blessing of adopting an older child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on life for you guys since I was gone last weekend on the retreat....beautiful picture of God's faithfulness! I am praying for you - even as I read all of this - and for the transition that begins tomorrow(?). I just was telling Rob about my devos in Jeremiah and how God's call doesn't always make sense, but we don't need to understand - just obey. Jer. 32:42 "For thus says the Lord: Just as I have brought all this great disaster upon this people, so I will bring upon them all the good that I promise them." You are God's goodness in Joseph's life. Beautiful obedience!

    ReplyDelete