The Parker Family

The Parker Family

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Standing in Awe

I don't know where to begin this amazing story that the Lord has written ... or how to give Him enough credit.  We stand in awe ... there are so many amazing details, I will just share a few.

About a year and a half ago we were emailed a picture of a little boy.  The friend that emailed us had spent time with this sweet boy.  He had been in the orphanage for 6 years.  When we saw his picture and heard his story we were immediately drawn to him.

So, after much prayer and affirmation from God - we began the adoption journey again ... less than one year after we came home from Ethiopia with Ela.

As we learned more about our Joseph we quickly found out that he had a best friend.  My heart began to ache for Joseph's friend - they were always arm-in-arm in every photograph we saw.  I prayed and prayed for him.  I thought we should just adopt both of them instead of splitting them up.  Mike told me to trust the Lord, maybe one of our friends would adopt him. :)  (He also thought it might not be the best idea to have three 11 year olds under one roof! :)

About 6 months later we had the privilege of hosting a gathering/dessert for Gabe, the man who runs the orphanage in Mekele.  Our good friends Dave and Mary were there (http://www.gratefullyloved.blogspot.com/)
After an evening in which Gabe shared the many details of his amazing ministries, Dave felt the call to adopt (there is probably much more for them to share on this).  They began their journey about 6 months after us.
As we moved through the process, we expeienced a number of unexpected delays on our end ...  it looked like the boys would never come home near the same time (we live in the same town and the boys will go to the same junior high at some point).
But ... God!  He was always at work throughout this journey ... in His marvelous ways ... and in His perfect timing!
He hears the prayers of his children.  Which is what both Samuel and Joseph are known for ... their prayer lives!

This morning we heard from Embassy that we are cleared for travel!  We had been waiting to hear final approval on the actual Embassy date ... and this morning ... it came!  Tuesday, 2/7/12 ... the same day as Dave & Mary's appointment for Samuel!  We stand in awe ... praising our great God!  Joseph and Samuel will be coming HOME ON THE SAME FLIGHT!  Only the Lord could orchestrate this beautiful story!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

4 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of God! This story! Praise Him! I am praying for you all! Our friend Jeff who was diagnosed in Ethiopia in April during their adoption went to be with the Lord today. God is good, bless His Name. We trust Him and know He cares for this family. How amazing that their little orphan whom he insisted they still bring home bears a name meaning "my father's joy" (the name she already had). This precious five year old girl stood by his bed and held his hand in his dying days. Her ministering to him. Isn't it beautiful. We love you guys and are praying and so excited to meet Joseph and Samuel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's timing is so awesome!!! Excited to watch it all unfold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crying as I read this. God is so amazing. We prayed for this - that you would be able to travel together. I absolutely love this story and would love to share it on my blog - may I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such an amazing story- crying as I read this! God really loves these boys, and cares about all of these details- how precious!

    ReplyDelete