The Parker Family

The Parker Family

Monday, May 17, 2010



Surgery is Over! It was a long couple days in the hospital and Ela was in a lot of pain. She will wear this next cast for about 4 weeks and then get fitted for a brace. We are so thankful for the Lord's provision. We found Ela through Rainbow Kids exactly one year ago!

Yesterday I was reading through my prayer journal from that day one year ago . The verse the Lord gave me in my devotions on May 14, 2oo9 was from Isaiah 54. It spoke of enlarging the place of your tent.

" Enlarge the place of your tent, and let the curtains of your habitations be stretched out; do not hold back; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes. " These verses burned in my heart that morning. I looked in the study notes to read more about these verses.
The notes spoke of " preparing for more people to be added to your family" Later that day I saw Ela's picture. I showed her to Mike and he immediately knew she was our daughter. It was a little crazy how it all fell into place. It was so quick that it was tempting to doubt the Lord was really speaking to us. But He was and here we are one year later finished with surgery and living life with our new daughter! Sorry this is a bit choppy but the kids are now awake and need some breakfast.

One more thing! Yesterday was the shower for my friend Carissa! She will be traveling soon to get her little girl Gianna from Ethiopia! Ela will have a neighbor that is from her same town in Ethiopia!


1 comment:

  1. What a blessing it is to follow your family through this blog! I also have a girl with a clubbed foot that we adopted from China in 2006. We had her foot surgically repaired in 2007, and it has been wonderful to have her in our family. So, I feel a kind of bond with you. Ella is absolutely beautiful!

    Lois O'Brien
    http://www.colbylobrien.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete