The Parker Family

The Parker Family

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why shouldn't I adopt?

Instead of asking the question " why should I adopt?"  Maybe it should be why should I not.  Adoption is God's will.  It was his will for us to be adopted into his family, to share an inheritance with his perfect, sacrificial son.  Adoption was plan A from our father in heaven.  Maybe we could assume it is God's will for all Christian families, and begin to pray that he will show us if it is not his will for a family.  It may not be, but maybe he will open up an opportunity to serve one of the 163 million orphans.  That number is equivalent to an entire nation.
I know it is expensive, timely etc...  But, we have seen the Lord provide in amazing ways.   There is so much support out there and resources, so much more than their used to be.
I have had people tell me adoption seems "trendy".   The Lord is at work for the fatherless, we don't have time to sit back and wonder if we should join in on a movement because it is "trendy".
Life is short, don't miss out :)

1 comment: